Thin Film Coating, Measurement, Research Services
More Flexible, Cheaper & Faster by small sample size
World-Class Hardware / Software / Expertise
World class metrology + software/expertise
More tools on-site with a partner
Our mission is to create innovations to benefit human beings and provide world-class laboratory services (hardware and software) in thin-film coating, new materials research, and rapid prototyping.
Dr. Ding was the former principal scientist who led a group on energy saving window coating to develop future products for the world's leading company in this field. He has many satisfied customers. Here are some highlights of Dr. Ding's achievements:
Submitted an average of 27 patent alerts per year in 2013~2016.
Author of 1/9 US granted patents in 2014 & 2015 in the field of building Low-E Glass Coating
Committee Member of the International Conference on Lasers and Optics in 2018.
See how our company's research solves real-world issues that then later become published and presented at international conferences.
Case 1: High transmittance energy saving window prototype
Case 2: New material study for an optical coating research
Case 3: Trouble-shooting coating issues and providing solutions
News & Publications
2022 May, Dr. Ding presented at 65th Annual SVC Technical Conference, Long Beach, CA, ““Mobile Signal Enabled Energy Efficient Window Technology”
2018 July, Dr. Ding presented at International Conference On Lasers, Optics and Photonics, Osaka, Japan July 25-26, 2018
2018 June: LFI successfully finished multiple new materials development for Roche, one of the largest biotech company
2018 April: LFI moved to the Sunnyvale new facility.
2018 March: LFI serviced ten industry customers milestones.
2018 Feb: At NCCAVS 39th annual Symposia & Exhibitions, Dr. Ding presented "Can a new materials innovation in thin film optical applications be faster and cheaper?"
2017 Nov: A new energy efficient window prototype product with high transmission of 86% was successfully achieved.
2017 Nov: New materials Ti-Ag alloys were generated and charactered in LFI.
2017 Nov: World Class Metrology tools from LFI generated revenue .
Recent Published Research at LabforInvention
1. Xiyue Zhou, Yucen Liu and Guowen Ding, “A New Conductive Material for Energy Efficient Window Applications” 14th International Conference and Exhibition on Materials Science and Engineering, November 13-15, 2017, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
2. Guowen Ding and Thomas Lu，“ Simulations and experiments on Ag-Ti alloy optical properties and its window coating application” 8th International Conference and Exhibition on Lasers, Optics & Photonics， Nov 15-17, 2017 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
3. Guowen Ding，“Can a new materials innovation in thin film optical applications be faster and cheaper?” 39th NCCAVS - Symposia & Exhibitions, San Jose, CA, Feb. 2018, USA
4. Guowen Ding and Ping He，“Mobile Signal Enabled Energy Efficient Window Technology” 65th Annual SVC Technical Conference, Long Beach, CA, May. 2022, USA
5. Daniel Lin, Tevin Ding, and Guowen Ding， “Can Thin Film Alloy Refractive Index Be Accurately predicted?---Theoretical & Experimental Study Thin Film Alloy AgZn Refractive Index” 48th International Conference on Metallurgical Coatings and Thin Films (ICMCTF 2022) in San Diego, California, May. 2022, USA
: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 408 439 7594
For all inquiries, please fill out the information below:
You may also sign up for a free lab tour
3711 Yale Way
Fremont, CA 94538